Thursday, May 7, 2015

Does anyone use the iPhone app full-time as a remote?

I'm trying to have one less remote to worry about. I'm trying to use an old iPhone with a battery case as a remote that can also control my HTPC. I can get a couple weeks worth of charge in airplane mode and only using apps for controlling/casting.

I really love the Roku app when it connects, but I seem to be unable to reconnect and have to restart the Roku about twice a week. Annoying enough that it's worth just keeping the roku remote on the coffee table. The minimalist in me doesn't like this.. Has anybody been able to not use their remote at all and just use an app? I could try an Android solution if I really had to.. Due to get a new phone this fall anyway.

I have a 2013 Roku 3 if it matters. Never has issues otherwise.



Submitted May 08, 2015 at 10:15AM by velamar http://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/359eqh/does_anyone_use_the_iphone_app_fulltime_as_a/ Happy Mothers day Quotes, Wishes, Poem and Saying Mothers Day Cards, Sayings , SMS and Messeges When is Mothers Day MOTHER’S DAY HISTORY : CELEBRATIONS AND TRADITIONS Google launches wireless network MVNO LG G3 Stylus with new 5.7 display and lolipop updated Best Android Phone http://goo.gl/YjGc03

No comments:

Post a Comment