Friday, May 8, 2015

BSOD Loop (DPC Watchdog Violation and Driver Corrupted Expool Errors) Caused by connecting to the internet

Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening people of reddit.

This is my first time posting on reddit and I hope I didnt do any mistakes. Apologies in advance.

I have a bit of a problem which is actually quite a big problem which is enhanced by the fact that I am typing this on mobile due to my pc's inability to connect to the internet (read more)

This is my problem, and it is quite long, so bear with me here:

After doing a bootscan using avast, computer went batshit insane and started bsod-ing nonstop. I noticed two errors: sometimes I get DPC Watchdog Violation, sometimes I get Driver Corrupted Expool. After some detective work, I found out that if Im connected to the internet, PC bsods. So I figured the wifi adapter was screwed. Hence I tried connecting to the internet using my phone (usb internet pass through option, HEIL ANDROID :P) Whaddaya know, the moment Im connected to the internet, BOOM, BSOD again.

So it seems, everytime my pc connects to the internet thru which ever method, the pc bsods. Which is why im posting this using my phone.

Now the full story on why I actually did a bootscan in the first place:

Recently I downloaded this particular game from this particular website which also required me to download a few cracks. Piracy aside, the game is wonderful. Luls.

Anyway, after a while I noticed that everytime I browse the internet, I would get annoying ads. Whether during google searching or just browsing. So i figured one of the crack files contained adware or something. No biggie right? Just scan for viruses and be done with it right?

So I downloaded avast after reading reviews, and being the genius that I am, went all the way to do a full bootscan without doing system restore point or any backup first. Avast detected alot of problems, but during the scan I chose to put everything into its quarantine chest instead of deleting infected files. So after the full scan, computer went into windows and all seemed fine and dandy, suddenly not more than 5 minutes after, first BSOD occured. And now here we are.

I tried restoring all the files from the quarantine chest yet still no luck.

My system: Windows 8.1 64bit 4GB RAM Intel i3

Thats all I remember, I will add more details about my system once I am at home (currently at work).

Just to clarify, I can use my pc fine as long as im not connected to the internet.

This is quite a big problem for me since I need my PC to do my research so I can complete my degree, hence need to be connected to the internet as well.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate it :D



Submitted May 08, 2015 at 12:14PM by Hold_My_Cookie http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/359nqp/bsod_loop_dpc_watchdog_violation_and_driver/ Happy Mothers day Quotes, Wishes, Poem and Saying Mothers Day Cards, Sayings , SMS and Messeges When is Mothers Day MOTHER’S DAY HISTORY : CELEBRATIONS AND TRADITIONS Google launches wireless network MVNO LG G3 Stylus with new 5.7 display and lolipop updated Best Android Phone http://goo.gl/YjGc03

No comments:

Post a Comment