Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Word of Warning (GTA 5 PC)

After watching the "pet peeve" video, I felt I should post this.

Someone here will appreciate my pain... So I got GTA 5 for pc... lo and behold there's a load time in the beginning, which in gta fashion is typically long.

I procure myself a smallish SSD to put GTA on (half the drive lol) to negate that, or mitigate it. I was running the game off a WD green drive (time from window smash noise to game, 57 seconds usually, 1:15 occasionally)

Turns out the first thirty seconds of the minute load time it isn't loading a thing, it's showing rock star credits and legal notifications.

To make it worse, the game loads so amazingly fast off a traditional hdd, the ssd literally made no difference to the initial load. It's consistently 57 from the smash noise, 27 from when it actually starts loading.

It does seem to switch characters a lot faster though, and I've noticed less texture pop. Still see a little in some cut scenes, but it's not as frequent it seems.



Submitted April 30, 2015 at 07:25PM by other4fun http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/34ej7t/a_word_of_warning_gta_5_pc/ Really Nice post . I am very enjoying to read it and save your blog name want to read you all new posts . Thanks for sharing . Happy Mothers day Quotes, Wishes, Poem and Saying Mothers Day Cards, Sayings , SMS and Messeges Self-Driving Cars When is Mothers Day MOTHER’S DAY HISTORY : CELEBRATIONS AND TRADITIONS Google launches wireless network MVNO LG G3 Stylus with new 5.7 display and lolipop updated

No comments:

Post a Comment